Go to the navigation | Go to the content



Balogh Július

*5 May 1921 Brezno - †2003

He grow up in the family of painter Jozef Balogh. His artistic talent developed also thanks to action of sculptor Ján Koniarek in Trnava. He studied at art industrial school (prof. Ľudovít Fulla and Mikuláš Galanda), at the Slovak Technical University, Department of Drawing and Painting (prof. Ján Mudroch). He had spent the year 1945 at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague. In this period he devoted to several genres – still life, figural creation and urban landscape. In the year 1974 he became a member of the Slovak Art Association and in the year 1948 he had first individual exhibition. In 1950 he established, with his father, first Workers artistic group where they lead talented amateur artists. In the sixties he was inspired by Slovak landscape – region Orava and Liptov. From ways and stays in France he made a collection of works from which was an exhibition Paris impressions (1980) in Dielo (Work) in Bratislava. Artist was attracted by the beauty of female body and this theme appears in his whole work. Still life had a permanent place in his creation. Július Balogh was most devoted to oil painting but a place in his creation had also pastel, watercolour and drawing.



FacebookRSS

Media partners:

MTTMY trnavské novinyTrnavskoTrnavský hlastrnava-live.sk

Partners:

TatrachemacnsSWANTrnavská univerzita - Pedagogická fakulta
Content manager © Jan Koniarek Gallery in Trnava
Web design © E-GO Ltd. | Content management system © IRISOFT Ltd.
Sitemap | Accessibility statement | About this website | Legal information
Jan Koniarek Gallery in Trnava is founded by Self-governing Region of Trnava