*1902 Ľubotice - † 1975 Trnava
He studied at gymnasium in Hungarian town Baj, in the years 1916 – 1924 completed theological studies in Hungary. He was ordained a priest in 1924 in Hungary. In the years 1930 – 1934 he studied at Academy of Fine Arts in Prague (prof. Max Švabinský). His creation is more than 3000 works – pastels, watercolours, studies, sketches. Some of them are in the collection of Ján Koniarek Gallery. Religious orientation of his works is formulated already in his early works. Impact of Hungarian painting of the twenties is reflected. His inspiration return to the Renaissance is not exceptional, simple rendering of space and figures took from them. Later, he inclined to expressive forms, his painting is more temperament and emphasis is on colour symbols. In 1950 he passes from pastel to drawing.
30 March 2017 at 6 PM
Bienále plastiky malého formátu Pezinok 2017
06.04.2017 o 18:00